Monday, June 14, 2010

Family and Food!

If you have known me for awhile, and live near by, then you have probably had some of my mom's chocolates that she makes every year around Christmas. And if you haven't had them... you are missing out!!!

Well, she decided that one way she could help raise some money was to sell her chocolates! She made a bunch up and was going to bring them down for our garage sale. Her co-workers caught wind of this and asked if she'd bring some into work for them to buy. She did... and the result was fabulous! She sold nearly all the chocolates and raised $275 towards our adoption fund!!!! And we have some left over to sell at the garage sale as well.

My dad, who still lives out in Maui, also wanted to help out. He has sent me a mini-Maui farmers market. We will have Maui Pineapples, papaya's, Maui onions and some Hawaiian Host chocolates to sell at the sale too! I've already gotten a couple of the pineapples sold and I think there will be a war over who gets the rest.

Also, my Aunt is visiting for the whole week and is helping out with the sale. I'm so thrilled to see her and hang out with her AND it's another helping hand to get things done for the big event  this week. We did tons of running around today. We will start hauling stuff over the the sale location tomorrow and then Wednesday is set up and pricing... it's gonna be a long one!

Now all we need is good weather and lots of people... start praying people!

3 comments:

  1. It all sounds so tasty! Good luck at the sale. I hope you raise lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I am so stoked that things are going so well for you! YaY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad things are going well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete