Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Match...

Well... it's happened. We have matched with a birthmom and things couldn't be better! The last two weeks have been a whirlwind!

We met through my co-worker, her name is Shantel and she is 7 months pregnant, due November 23rd... SOON! It's a girl and everything so far is going really great! Our first meeting, while incredibly nerve-wracking was also the most joyous part of this entire experience. There we were, sitting across the booth from a wonderful young woman that wanted to help make our dreams of being a mom and a dad come true. I could cry just thinking about it.

Shantel has since met with her own counselor at our agency a few times, and the paperwork part of this whole process has been set in motion. At this point we need to wait to hear back on a couple of things, but then we actually sit down and go over things officially.

As far as we are all concerned... this is official. She likes us, or at least it seems that way! And we are already loving her and the little baby girl in her tummy. It's hard not to though. We are excited and going to slowly get started on getting the future nursery set up... heck if this all happens we only have about 9 more weeks until we bring a baby home! EEeeek!

I was able to go to her last ultrasound appointment... there are few words to describe the emotions I felt that day. It was amazing, Simply amazing! I have a pic to share... so here you go!

Photobucket

I couldn't have asked for a better person to have brought into our lives. I feel blessed to know Shantel and am so thankful for the experiences she has shared with me so far. I hope to have more good news to share with you all soon. For now, we are focusing on our second garage sale... lots to do and no time to do it all! Hopefully it will be even half as successful as the last one. With a baby on the way... we are saving every penny we have.

Please keep us all in your prayers. Shantel, the miracle baby girl in her tummy and Brian and I are going to need them!

2 comments:

  1. I am so beyond thrilled for you!!! I'm thinking of you guys and sending prayers and good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such wonderful news Kari! Congratulations. I do hope that everything works out well for you. :D

    -Dez

    ReplyDelete