Monday, August 23, 2010

Long time - no update....

Well, I think it's about time I update this blog. I had kind of put it on hold for a bit while we were talking with an expectant mom, I really wanted to update with wonderful news about a perfect match. But I'll get you caught up on where we are at for the moment.

We were contacted by a young mom-to-be at the end of July, almost a month ago actually. Her mom had gotten one of our adoption cards from a friend. So the great news so far, our adoption cards did work! So we have been talking to her on and off over the last month, we actually had a date picked out to meet up near her home town. Things didn't work out like we had hoped, but I completely understand her hesitation. She is going through something so much bigger than any person should have to deal with, especially at her young age. It breaks my heart that she is dealing with all this right now. She just asked for more time to think, understandably so. I know that no matter what she chooses to do, things are going to work out the way they are meant to. You can't force anything in life to work they way you want it to... it will just backfire on you in the end. I'm happy to take the back seat on this one and let the big guy up stairs do all the driving! HE knows the way through all this and I trust Him enough to let my faith lead the way.

So, I'll be sure to let you know if we hear anything more from her. As of right now, I got her in touch with one of the counselors through our agency. I really hope she is finding the guidance she needs to make the choice that is right for herself AND this precious little baby that will be here in 4 short months. I know for me, no matter what happens, I haven't stopped praying that things will work out for this young girl and her baby. She deserves to find peace in whatever decision she makes.

As for the rest of our adoption journey, we were invited to enter the Waiting Family Book... however we postponed. I know it might seem like a long shot to most of you. BUT, to enter the book would cost us $5,000. That's a lot of money and I feel like we haven't even gotten our cards out there yet. And if the cards worked from just our garage sale and handing them out to some family and friends, just think about how the cards might work if we got them out there to the right crowd. So for now, we are back at the end of the waiting list. We were 16th on the list when I moved us back there, so in theory we'll be getting a call/email about the book again in a couple of months. It just depends on how quickly there are placements from the book/outreach. In the mean time, we are working with a wonderful friend of ours to make our profile perfect. When we get the invite again, we'll see where we are at with things and make a decision at that time. I hate to put it off, but the idea of saving that chunk of money is very appealing. Just think about how many diapers and how much formula we could buy with $5,000!

So, we are placing an order for more adoption cards. We are going to be sending out a mailer with cards to pretty much ALL of our family and friends (if I don't have your address and you'd like to help us out by handing out a few of our cards, please email me your address!). Also, we are having a second garage sale on September 16-18th! It will be at our house this time around. And we are spreading the word for more sale items too! Clean out your closets!!!

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. I'll be sure to keep this blog more up to date. But like I said, I was hoping to post about a wonderful match-meeting. I know someday soon, I will be able to do that. I am just trying to enjoy each step of this process and not stress or worry too much about anything. It's hard... the not knowing and the no control part of it all. It's teaching me a lot about myself but I know by the end of it... it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment