Friday, February 26, 2010

The easy part is done...

So we got our application and I am super pumped to just get it done and send it back. We went in and got finger printed on Tuesday... hopefully there isn't something in my past that I have blocked out ;) We have signed a TON of authorization forms and filled in basic information on the both of us. The hard part is looming. We have a Adoption Study Questionnaire that needs to be filled out with 47 questions on it, and not with one word answers.

Here's a sampling of the things we need to answer before we can be considered for adoption:

1. Describe the family in which you were raised, including parents, siblings, and extended family: Do you think I can say they are all crazy but I love them?

2. Describe the arrangements in your Will or plans for your children should something happen to you: Did you all figure out arrangements in your will before you thought about having a child... I doubt it. But if you did... good for you, your approved!

3. How would you advocate for your child in the school system?: Really, I never once thought about this... did our parents really ADVOCATE for us???

4. How does your family and support network feel about your adoption plan?: I don't know, ask them. Am I suppose to come right out and ask people, or just answer how I THINK they feel. What if they are supportive to my face and not really supportive in the end?

5. Discuss how you will make a child part of your family: Seriously... did you and your hubby sit down when you were pregnant and ask yourselves this question???

6. Describe your plans to assist your child to understand and value his/her racial and cultural background: Yep, my parents never did this....

7.How do you plan to raise your child (religious affiliation), and how do you plan to resolve any conflicts if you child has different religious beliefs?: Again, did you all think about this stuff, or is it just me??

While I do often as the question WHY... I totally get the process. I understand WHY we have to answer these kinds of questions and what they are trying to get at.

Anyway, next time you think you want to have a kid, sit down and ask yourself these 7 questions, and then let me know when you are done... there are 40 more! When you done with those questions, I'll review them and tell you if you are approved. :)

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment