Friday, February 19, 2010

It's here!

Finally!!!!

Got the information on Wednesday... sorry it took me so long to update. It's been a LONG week for me. I started looking through everything, and there is a LOT of stuff we need to fill out. People joke all the time at the shelter I work at that adopting an animal is worse than adopting a child (in the paperwork aspect)... they have no idea what they are talking about.

If all goes as planned we'll have our application done and in the mail in about a month. Then we'll attend the training days on April 15-16th. After completing that we'll be paired with our social worker and start the home study and interviewing process. That takes a couple of months depending on scheduling. SOOOO.... that means if all goes as planned that we could be approved and waiting to be matched by the end of June!

Someone could literally be pregnant with our child RIGHT NOW! I get goose bumps every time I think about it!

Off to start reading over my pile of paperwork!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Good luck with all the paperwork!

    ReplyDelete