Monday, May 31, 2010

Not Much to Update

Seems it has been awhile since I have posted anything. But there really isn't much to update at this point. Brian and I are still working on gathering some pictures for our profile. If any of you have any of us together, or with a group of friends, that you can share, it would be greatly appreciated!

Our garage sale pile in the basement is getting HUGE! I can't believe the amount of stuff we have gotten, and it's not even all at our house yet! We have people hanging on to stuff until the sale as well, so the week before is going to be crazy. It's also the end of May so I will find our soon how much support we have gotten through my two great friends that raised funds through their home parties in our honor for the month of May. It's still amazing to me that any of this is happening. I have a very hard time just accepting the help and not feeling guilty or like I owe somebody something back. I'm slowly getting there, but it's very HARD for me to do.

We are on the waiting list for THE BOOK with our agency. We were the 10th couple on it, so they say it could still be a few months before we are asked to join the book. This is the book that every potential birth mom will look through to find the perfect family for her child. I really would love to avoid going in the book all together. It's one of the most expensive parts of this whole process, and if we could save the money for diapers... that would be ideal. However, I know that this journey is going to take whatever course it's suppose to, so if/when we get the call saying they are ready for our profile, then we will jump for joy at the chance to find our match that way.

I guess the last thing to update is that we are going to start working on the future nursery a bit. Nothing too major, but we just want to be more prepared for what might come. As of lately we had NOTHING for a baby... not a single thing. Just this weekend we were given a barely used infant car seat... so the process had begun. We are going to start keeping our eye out for deals on any furniture, maybe do some painting in there and start hunting for the bedding we want. I am torn about the whole process really. I don't want to have a room sitting there empty for too long, but I am such a planner that I hate to not be prepared as well. We could literally get a call tomorrow saying our baby is waiting for us at the hospital... if we were a little be ready I might have a melt down!

I guess I had more to say then I thought. Thanks for your continued support, thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to us! I'll be updating again soon to keep you posted on more fund raising efforts. We have at least one more idea up our sleeves, we just have to work out the kinks of it all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment